Thursday, March 14, 2013

What I am not {and who i am}

I'm an avid blog reader....errrr addict.  I love reading other blogs about natural living, homesteading, being a parent, homeschooling, oh golly the list could go on.  And then it happens, the comparison.  "I'm not that good" "She's got it all together, what am I doing wrong" "Why don't my kids act like that".  I start doubting myself, sliding into a depression of I'm not doing a good enough job.  And then out of the blue, I get a facebook message asking how I've done something that I've posted about, or questions about homeschooling, or a "oh wow, what you are doing is what we are working towards for a future goal".  Internet is funny, you can paint yourself to be whatever you want to be.  While I share my dreams, ambitions, goals, and things we are striving for, I don't want to paint myself as a perfect person because I fall...fall hard...daily, usually hourly.  So this is what I am not:

* I am not a perfect Mom.  Days like yesterday...I just wanted out.  The whining, the constant peeing in the pants, the messy house, the laundry that never ends.  I just couldn't do it.  So when I had the opportunity to bring the baby to the Chiro (first appointment for an 8 month old!), I grabbed her up and jetted.

* My kid (I have 2 but youngest has no interest in TV) watches too much TV.  I try to set limits...and most of the time I fail.

* I can't cook.  If you follow me on facebook, you are probably thinking what?!? (As I like to post kitchen creations)  When I was little, I had no interest in cooking.  I stayed clear of the kitchen until forced to set the table or make the tea.  (I was the queen at making sweet tea) To this day, I HAVE to have a recipe.  I'm just n.o.w. barely getting to the point of experimenting and just "putting something together".  And I mean, like in this past month.

* I'm a failure wife.  I get mad easy, have a short temper, and let things fester inside of me.

* My house is never clean.  There might be one room that's clean, but quick, take a picture, because the next instant it won't.  I don't remember a time when everything was really put in its place.  Usually my kitchen looks like this




And rarely does it look like this:


* I crave organization and structure, but severely lack both.  

{and who i am}

* I am a Mom, a Mom that loves to love on her girls every second of my life.  A Mom that has to take life one day at a time, sometimes one breath at a time to make it to the next second or day.  A Mom that tries to make the best decisions, and when I fail, I try to learn from my failures.  Sometimes more frequently than I wish.  

* I am a wife that is married to an amazing man that I don't deserve.  I know He still loves me at the end of the day, no matter what harsh words may come from my tongue. A man that will always embrace me when I hang my head low, muttering an apology, or telling him about some stupid thing I've done.  

* I am a daughter to the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords.  The ONE that takes my broken pieces, and make something beautiful of it.  






2 comments:

  1. You sound a lot like me! I struggle to find a balance of focusing on the positive online (I don't like to mope and complain) while keeping things "real." My kids do too much on electronics and my house is never all clean at the same time. I have a short temper and can sometimes be quite lazy. I don't always read my kids bedtime stories and sometimes I forget the last time they had a bath ;-). Nobody's perfect! We're all just doing the best we can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will say Lydia, your blog is one of my faves! And I think your Monday posts are very "real". *love*

      Delete