Tuesday, April 30, 2013

These Days

These past few weeks has been a whirlwind!  We took a week and went up to Illinois.  It's always nice going back to my stomping grounds.  It was nice to take a "break" from things.  

I didn't cloth diaper, and didn't miss the extra laundry.  
I didn't have to worry about my typical household chores.  
I *gasped* used a microwave....and *more gasp* secretly enjoyed it.  Oh it was so nice to warm up left overs in 30 seconds instead of 10-15 minutes.  However, I kind of forgot how to use one and cooked my daughters noodles into nasty mush once....oops  

However with that being said, being gone gives you appreciation for home.  Rejuvenated us to get back into the swing of things and even more craziness for garden season.  


While in Illinois, Emri loved cooking


When we got back, we learned new tricks and was quite proud! (no the stroller is not about to fall on her)


Now you will find us working outside.  Our latest project is fencing in our garden with a 7-9 foot fence to keep the deer out.  It's no the prettiest, but should work well!   


Remember how we ummmm recycle trampoline frames? (Chicken coop)  The bottom of that gate is part of a trampoline frame.  

I wish I had a picture of Natalie doing her favorite activity..helping Daddy outside in the evening after Emri is in bed.  She gets her "tools" (Melissa & Doug wooden tool set) and is right along "helping" Daddy with the fence building.  I'm usually pretty strict about bedtime, but she's been getting to stay up a bit later with this nice weather to spend some time outside with her Daddy.  

Our garden reeeeally needs to get planted.  Because this is just a sampling of what's in our dinning room:


All of this was started from SEED!!!  Kris counted our tomato plants......101 plants!!  He said he planted a few extra in case some didn't make it.  As of right now....they are all making it!  Anybody want to buy a tomato plant? 

That's what our days have consisted of.  Kris and I just got done attending a Home Educators Convention.  It was great and really reinforced this is the right thing for our family, for this time.  I'm super excited!  










No comments:

Post a Comment